Our previous post providing a daily meal plan example of an Alkalising Diet was particularly popular – so we’ve collated some more recipes to try, that will help maintain the the body's important acid-alkaline balance!
© BBC Good Food
- Quick Keto Eggless English Muffin with guacamole and spinach
© Keto Diet App
© Lazy Cat Kitchen
- Option 1: Young Coconut Meat Ceviche
- Option 2: Raw sushi (cauliflower rice, cucumber, avocado, parsley and nori)
- Option 3: Plant-Based “Crab” Cakes (based on chickpeas and coconut meat)
© One Green Plant
Black bean veggie patty (recipe below) with sweet potato radicchio salad, roasted shallot dressing and caramelised pumpkin seeds
© The First Mess
RECIPE: Black Bean Veggie Patty
2 cups mashed sweet potato (from 2 large sweet potatoes, organic when possible)
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup cooked black beans (rinsed and well drained) or pigeon peas (high in protein)
1-1/2 cup savory yeast or pecan meal
1/2 cup finely diced green onion
2 tsp crushed garlic and garlic powder
2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper (to taste)
1/4 tsp chipotle or chili powder (optional)
- Add the quinoa, sweet potato and pecan meal to a food processor and process until crumbly. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and olive oil to a frying pan and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the cooked onions and garlic to a food processor along with the black beans, smoked paprika, coriander powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Process until smooth. Then transfer to the mixing bowl with the quinoa, sweet potato and pecan meal mix.
- Form them into burger patties. You can do this by rolling into a ball and then flattening by placing a square of parchment paper over the top and pressing down with the base of a glass. Or you can form into burger patties by patting them down into a round cutter to make a flat burger patty shape.
- When all your burger patties are formed on the baking tray place the baking tray into the freezer for 30 minutes so the burgers can firm up.
- Add the 2 tablespoons olive oil to a frying pan and heat until hot. Add in all four burgers if your pan is big enough, otherwise do them in two batches. Fry for 5 minutes on one side and then flip. Brush the tops and sides of the burgers with some vegan barbecue sauce (optional). Fry for 5 minutes on the other side and then remove from the pan.
- Serve on hamburger buns or with salad!