This recipe is the perfect Christmas treat, delicious and nutritious!
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado
- 170g good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder, leave aside to coat truffles
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, leave aside to coat truffles
- Puree avocado in a food processor or blender until smooth and put aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt the chopped dark chocolate.
- When chocolate is completely melted, stir in coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until dissolved/combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into food processor with pureed avocado and pulse again to combine.
- Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool.
- Set aside two small bowls, one with cacao powder and the other containing desiccated coconut.
- Once truffles have cooled, roll the truffles into small balls. Lightly dust half the batch in cacao powder and the other in desiccated coconut. You can also coat in your favourite toppings.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator for up to one week.