Next time you settle down to enjoy your favourite flick, swap out the processed “potato” for these even more delicious veggie chips.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 beetroots, peeled and ends trimmed
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and ends trimmed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt of choice
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the vegetables into approx. 2mm thick slices (a mandolin makes light work of this, if you have one!).
- Place the chopped vegetables on a paper towel and pat dry.
- Combine the sea salt and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Place all the veggies in a separate bowl, and drizzle oil on top - mix with a spoon and make sure they are all lightly coated in oil.
- Arrange the veggies on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray(s) in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden.
- When they’re cooked, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt mixture.