Nourishing, cooked foods are like a warm hug for the gut! This soothing soup supports the immune system which starts in the gut.
- 1L (4 cups) bone broth (you can make your own or buy good quality store-bought)
- 2 skinless organic chicken breast fillets, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 knob (¼ cup) fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 carrots, thinly diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly diced
- 1 leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 100g cauliflower (grated or pulsed in a food processor until it resembles grains of rice)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Large handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Greek or coconut yoghurt
- Combine the broth and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add diced chicken, reduce the heat to low and cover with the lid to gently poach for 10 minutes.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, turmeric and black pepper.
- Add the carrots, celery, leek and cauliflower and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with a garnish of coriander leaves and yoghurt.
Note: If you need more liquid in the soup, just use more bone broth or you can add boiling water as you go.