This delicious pesto is a healthier take on the traditional version. If desired, you can also serve with grilled chicken or an organic ricotta.
- 2 large organic capsicum, de-seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 bunches of rocket, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 (degrees Celsius).
- Toss the capsicum in the olive oil, and arrange on a roasting tray.
- Roast for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Using a spiralizer, make the zoodles, pouring boiled water over them for a few minutes or until tender.
- Place the capsicum, rocket, pine nuts, chilli and lemon juice into a processor and process until finely chopped and combined.
- Gradually add reserved water to the rocket pesto until desired consistency is reached.
- Add the rocket pesto to the pasta and serve.