Brighten your day with this mood-boosting bowl of happiness! With all the colours of the rainbow, it’s nourishing for both body and mind – and that’s bound to put a pep in your step.
- 2 zucchinis, spiralised or grated
- 2 carrots, spiralised or grated
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white or purple cabbage, finely shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup frozen podded edamame beans, thawed
- 1 tbsp toasted seed mix or sesame seeds
- ½ cup peanuts, crushed (optional)
- ½ cup Thai holy basil leaves (optional)
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
Option to add extra firm tofu, drained and cubed, or shredded chicken for additional protein.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup almond or peanut butter (or tahini)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp tamari (gluten free) or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
Tip: If preparing this salad in advance, store the salad and sauce separately in the fridge to keep the vegetables crisp.
- Prepare the vegetables. Use a spiraliser (or vegetable peeler or grater) to create “noodles” from the zucchini and carrot.
- Place the zucchini, carrot, capsicum, cabbage, snow peas, shallots, bean sprouts and edamame in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- For the dressing, add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk. Alternatively, use a blender and add the water to thin the mixture if required.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Top with basil, seeds, peanuts and fresh coriander. You can include tofu or shredded chicken if your heart desires!