This a great healthy option to keep you cool this summer!
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 400ml organic full fat coconut milk
- 400ml organic full fat coconut cream
- 3 egg yolks, whisked
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled, toasted & roughly chopped + extra to top
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds + extra to top
- Heat sugar, coconut milk & cream, egg yolks & vanilla seeds on a low heat, stirring continuously until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, allow the mixture to cool before tipping it into a small non-stick loaf tin & place in the freezer.
- After the mixture has been in the freezer for 2 hours, stir in the pistachios & pomegranate seeds.
- Stir the mixture hourly for 3-4 hours to prevent crystallisation & for a smooth, creamy finish. Freeze overnight.
- Take out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Scoop into individual serves or tip it all onto a serving board & top with reserved pomegranate seeds & pistachio nuts.
Note: If you are feeling a little naughty, drizzle with a little pomegranate molasses