Navigating the snack isle can be a challenge when you’re competing against “fun” foods and marketing aimed straight at the kids! This is a healthier version of a store-bought snack that can often contain starch, soy, artificial flavours, and artificial colours.
- 3 Cups chopped fresh fruit of choice (eg. berries, mango, peach)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Optional: Sweetener to taste (eg. maple syrup or coconut sugar)
- Place the fruit, lemon juice (and sweetener if using) in a blender and blend until as smooth as possible.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pre-heat oven to the lowest temperature possible (this will depend on your oven).
- Pour the fruit mix into the tray and thinly cover the base (this should be as thin as possible, without leaving holes).
- Place the baking tray in the oven and wait! Cooking time will vary depending on oven temperature, but it is done when there are no gooey bits (can be 4-6 hours).
- If the sides go a little too dry, re-hydrate by rubbing with a bit of water (clean water on your hands is good enough).Let the mix cool, and then peel off the baking paper 8. Using kitchen scissors, cut the sheet into strips (or into fun shapes if the kids prefer).