This probiotic beverage is made by fermenting coconut milk with kefir grains. Consuming these active cultures restores balance to your microbiome, stimulates digestion and improves your immune system.
- 4 cups coconut milk (can be homemade or your favourite brand)
- 2 tbsp kefir grains
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 cloth, coffee filter or paper towel
- 1 glass bottle with lid
- Transfer the coconut milk to the glass bottle container.
- Add the kefir grains and stir with the wooden spoon.
- Cover the mixture with the cloth or other cover (listed above).
- Leave to culture at room temperature for 12-24 hours (depending on the desired consistency).
- When desired consistency is reached, remove the kefir grains.
- Secure lid to glass bottle and store in fridge.