Whip this salad up on a Sunday night and take it to work the next day for a delicious lunch option.
- ½ cup organic brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ¼ cup whole, organic, almonds (approximately 20 almonds)
- 3 zucchinis
- Small bunch spring onion (finely chopped)
- 100g alfalfa sprouts
- ½ avocado
- Small handful mint leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Toast the almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds until fragrant (you can do this in a fry pan or in the oven).
- Coarsely grate 2 zucchinis, draining excess water.
- Julienne remaining zucchini.
- Add toasted seeds, almonds, zucchinis, spring onions and sprouts to the cooled rice and toss to combine.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice and honey.
- Add the dressing mixture to the rice mixture and combine.
- Serve topped with avocado and mint leaves.