This delicious cookies are great for breastfeeding mothers!
- 2 ½ cups of steel cut oats/rolled oats/gluten free oats
- 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- ½ cup filtered water
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (or an alternative)
- ¼ cup brewers yeast
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan salt/sea salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add 2 cups of oats into a blender, and process them into a fine flour (set the blender aside while the flour settles).
- In a large bowl combine the ground flax seeds with water, and stir well to mix.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, brewers yeast, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and stir until well combined.
- Gradually stir in the oat flour until a dough is formed, then fold in the 1/2 cup of oats and dark choc chips (optional)
- Roll the mixture into 3cm balls and place on the lined baking sheet, then use a fork to flatten the cookies.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy!